More Fresh Feeds
Joe Biden "confidants" claim the vice president could make his decision about entering the 2016 race as soon as this weekend, but if you can't wait that long, here's another anonymous clue about his plans. A Democratic National Committee staffer tells The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza that this week Biden ... More »
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s last-minute decision to bow out from the competition to replace John Boehner as speaker has thrown a wrench into the gears of a GOP machine that was not very well oiled to begin with. The party’s catch-22 seems to be that any Republican representative smart ... More »
The drug-addict mother, the fictional son, the defective airplane parts: Secrets are at the core of many great American plays. Sometimes they are secrets kept by one character from the others, or from the outer world; the drama is in the revelation of what the audience already knows. Other times, ... More »
Danish luxury electronics company Bang And Olufsen is well-known for its craftsmanship and amazing ideas when it comes to acoustic speakers. We’ve seen a lot of awesome loudspeakers coming from them, but the new Beolab 90 speaker is in a league of its …
The post 360-Degree Acoustics: the Beolab 90 loudspeakers By Bang & Olufsen appeared first on Luxatic.
Microsoft has already said its mixed reality headset, HoloLens, will be reaching developers early next year. But while we wait for that to happen, the company plans to take it on tour across the US and Canada, in an event that's going to give developers the chance to try the device firsthand. They'll also be able to meet members of the HoloLens team and learn how to create holographic experiences, which is a smart way to lure in any dev who's thinking about paying the $3,000 for a test unit. The live demo trip begins October 13th in Seattle, followed by Toronto, Salt Lake City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Atlanta and, lastly, Austin. To register, as well as find out the exact dates for each city, check out the event's dedicated site.[Image credits: Associated Press]
Via: Windows Central
Half a million dollars for a pocket watch? That should be one hell of a safe pocket, if you ask us. Roger Dubuis plans on making things more exciting with their Excalibur Spider Pocket Time Instrument, a titanium pocket watch looking like …
The post $500,000 Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Pocket Time Instrument appeared first on Luxatic.
“I regret all of [the deaths] and none of them at the same time. It’s harder with the show because the actors are involved and they’re like good people – most of them,” Robert Kirkman said to at-capacity audience at New York Comic-Con on Thursday. “Everyone but Norman [Reedus].” Kirkman ... More »
BMW has just unleashed the ravishing M4 GTS, a new Bimmer that takes performance to a whole different level. Featuring an aggressive aerodynamic body-kit, the GTS benefits from an adjustable front splitter, a sporty new bonnet as well as an adjustable carbon …
Amazon’s new comedy Red Oaks is so likable, I wish I liked it more. Overseen by filmmaker David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express), with episodes directed by Amy Heckerling (Fast Times at Ridgemont High), Hal Hartley (Trust), and Gregory Jacobs (Magic Mike XXL), it's about an incoming college sophomore named David ... More »
Matthew Knowles — father and former manager of Beyoncé, current manager of the defunct Destiny's Child, and man who earns no money when Beyoncé reunites with Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams and doesn't refer it as "Destiny's Child" — will be teaching a one-day workshop called "The Entertainment Industry: How ... More »
Svetlana Alexievich won the Nobel Prize for Literature this morning. I underestimated her, and it cost me. Alexievich is a Belarusian journalist whose oral histories have chronicled upheavals in the Soviet and post-Soviet spheres: War’s Unwomanly Face, about the role of Soviet women in World War II; The Last Witnesses, ... More »
Business Insider’s flagship conference, IGNITION, is in its 6th year running, bringing you conversations with the best and brightest minds in digital. This year we've lined up an amazing list of speakers that includes founders of buzzy startups like Kik, Blue Apron, DraftKings, Blendle, and Refinery29, and CEOs from major corporations like CBS, GE, The New York Times, and Sony Pictures. Plus we've got demos, unicorns, YouTube stars, and group of NYC teenagers dishing about their real-world media consumption habits -- a session you will talk about for weeks.
Interested in hearing what Jonah Peretti is planning for BuzzFeed? Want to know how Lowell McAdam thinks the Verizon-AOL merger has gone so far? Curious to learn how Smosh picked up 21 million followers on YouTube? You can hear it all straight from them if you attend IGNITION with us in December.
Check out the incredible lineup of speakers below.
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman & CEO, GE
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast
- Jeff Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc.
- Leslie Moonves, President & CEO, CBS Corporation
- Lowell McAdam, Chairman & CEO, Verizon
- Hiroshi Mikitani, Founder & CEO, Rakuten
- Jonah Peretti, Founder & CEO, BuzzFeed
- Jim Cramer, Chairman, TheStreet.com
- Al Roker, Founder & CEO, Al Roker Entertainment
- Ian Hecox & Anthony Padilla, Co-founders, SMOSH
- Ted Livingston, Founder & CEO, Kik
- Michael Lynton, Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Carolyn Everson, VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- Jason Robins, CEO, DraftKings
- Jennifer Hyman, Co-Founder & CEO, Rent the Runway
- Thomas Tull, CEO, Legendary Entertainment
- Linda Boff, Executive Director of Global Brand Marketing, GE
- Philippe von Borries, Co-founder & Co-CEO, Refinery29
- Kerry Trainor, CEO, Vimeo
- Mark Thompson, President & CEO, The New York Times Company
- Ben Barokas, Founder & CEO, Sourcepoint Technologies
- Yoni Bloch, Founder & CEO, Interlude
- Barry Blumberg, Chief Content Officer, DEFY Media
- Jim Breyer, Founder & CEO, Breyer Capital
- Mike Hopkins, CEO, Hulu
- Patrick Keane, President, Sharethrough
- Jonathan Klein, Co-founder & Chairman, Getty Images
- Alexander Klöpping, Co-founder, Blendle
- Jim Lanzone, President & CEO, CBS Interactive
- Stephanie Retblatt, Chief Brainiac, Smarty Pants
- Kevin Ryan, Chairman & Founder, Gilt Groupe
- Matthew Salzberg, Co-founder & CEO, Blue Apron
- Adam Singolda, Founder & CEO, Taboola
- Anthony Wood, Founder & CEO, Roku
- Mark Mahaney, Managing Director of Internet, RBC Capital Markets
- Gene Munster, Managing Director & Senior Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray
- Ted Leonsis, Founder & Partner, Revolution Growth
Don't miss your opportunity to get insight into their many successes and experiences, and learn what's next for the changing digital landscape.
Stay tuned for all the exciting updates we will have over the next few months leading up to the event. Until then check out our jam-packed agenda to get an idea of what you'll hear at IGNITION.
IGNITION takes place December 8-9 at the Time Warner Center in New York City -- and you should be there!
Back in October 2012, when Kacy Hill was just 18 years old, she packed up her old Honda Civic and drove to Los Angeles from Arizona looking for more exciting times. She found a place on Craigslist and overpaid to sleep in the living room. She was unsure of how ... More »
Top Food and Beverage